You can update your theme via FTP or via WordPress. See the information below for each method. No matter what method you choose, you first need to download the new theme version files from Themeforest.
First, Download New Theme Files From Themeforest
- Step 1 – Log into your Themeforest account and go find the “Victim” purchase on your downloads tab.
- Step 2 – Click the “download” button next to it and choose to download the “Installable WordPress Theme” which is just the WordPress file, or choose the “Main Files” which is the entire package.
- Step 3 – Decide if you want to install the update via FTP or via WordPress.
How To Update Your Theme Via FTP
- Step 1 – Go to “wp-content > themes” location and backup your “anno” theme folder by saving it to your computer, or you can choose to simply delete it. Your content will not be lost.
- Step 2 – Retrieve the “anno.zip” file from your new Themeforest download and extract the file to get the “anno” theme folder.
- Step 3 – Then simply drag and drop the new “Victim” theme folder into “anno> ” location. Choose to “Replace” the current one if you did not delete it.
How To Update Your Theme Via WordPress
- Step 1 – You need to deactivate the current “anno” theme in the “Appearance > Themes” section by simply activating a different theme. Once you activate a different theme, you can delete the “victim ” theme. Don’t worry, your content will not be lost.
- Step 2 – Retrieve the “anno.zip” file from your new Themeforest download. If you downloaded the “Main Files” from Themeforest, then you need to unzip the archive file you received, the victim.zip will be inside of it.
- Step 3 – Then simply upload the “anno.zip” file in the “Appearance > Themes” section. Click on the “Install Themes” tab at the top and choose to upload the zip file.
- Step 4 – Once it uploads, choose to activate it. You’re done!
How To Update Your Theme Via Envato Toolkit
Check out this article about how to update the theme via Envato toolkit
Also this video:
After Update check is there any plugin update available. you can check from Appearance > Install Plugins. If available then update the plugins as well.